HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

THE TRUE COST OF YOUR DISPOSABLE WARDROBE

 photo The-True-Cost-liggend-beeld-Zwijger_zps1am9ieo2.jpeg

YOU, yes YOU, fashion lover, fashion blogger... this is a MUST-READ and a MUST-SEE for you! I decided to share this post again because I've been shocked about the lack of care from my followers. It definately pisses me off that everyone only wants to read the "fun" stuff, but when it comes to hard reality, people just turn around and walk away. So let's try this again :)..

One of the reasons why I started designing clothing made from recycled materials was really simple; I didn't want to be part of the fashion industry as it exists today. The exploitation and waste were my biggest reasons. I've always been aware of the exploitation in 3rd world countries and the extremely poor conditions factory workers are living in, but some things were unknown to me. This week I watched The True Cost | A Documentary Film and I am even more disgusted than I was before. 90% of my wardrobe is either second hand, vintage, handmade or organic/fair trade, but after seeing this documentary there is NO WAY IN HELL I will be visiting fast fashion brands ever again.

 photo s048175965_zpsbmgibpub.jpg  photo Therueostt4_zpsqx4waceg.jpg  photo MTMwNDk3OTU5OTA0MTg3NjY2_zpsszjkknrc.jpg

We are not only talking about exploitation and waste here, but also environmental contamination and illnesses which spread among these poor people producing your cheap-ass disposable clothing. People are litteraly dying for your cheap wardrobe. And the thing which scares me the most is that nobody gives a shit!! Nobody cares and nobody even knows (or want to know). Fast Fashion brands are always "trying to improve" the living conditions of their workers, but that's just bullshit. They need to change the system, because that's what is screwing it all up. It's a visual circle... change the source, change the world.

STOP buying fast-fashion (H&M, Forever21... you know which, cheap and disposable clothing). You MUST see this documentary and it will change your life, and if it doesn't... I don't know, you are not human! Buy eco friendly, fair trade and recycle! Or at least buy clothing which is not made in India, Bangladesh or China. Investigate where you're clothing is made, it's the least you can do. Fast Fashion brands are always trying to convince the public and make them believe they are doing something good, but it's a big lie, they are the source of the problem. You need to look behind the scenes and that's what this documentary will show you. If you'll continue to support the fast-fashion industry as it exists today for your disposable closet, nothing will ever change...

Don't get me wrong ladies, I love fashion, but I love good fashion. Comments are very welcome :)!

Sending you my hugs and my love,
Lucia

See what you can to help via The True Cost | A Documentary Film. The documentary is available for free via Netflix and you can purchase or rent it all over the internet.

This is a story about clothing. It’s about the clothes we wear, the people who make them, and the impact the industry is having on our world. The price of clothing has been decreasing for decades, while the human and environmental costs have grown dramatically. The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing?

Filmed in countries all over the world, from the brightest runways to the darkest slums, and featuring interviews with the world’s leading influencers including Stella McCartney, Livia Firth and Vandana Shiva, The True Cost is an unprecedented project that invites us on an eye opening journey around the world and into the lives of the many people and places behind our clothes. - See more at: http://truecostmovie.com/about/#sthash.Qhd1XnQg.dpuf

Source: The True Cost | A Documentary Film

 photo photo-original_zps1ygpnwr7.jpg

#truecostmovie #awareness #environment #thetruecost #humanrights #justice

4 comments:

  1. I actually watched this a couple of weeks ago. It's unbelievable what we are doing supporting the industry as it is. It's very sad that most people don't really care, they just want to be part on the glitter part of the fashion world for as little money as possible and totally forget that there is another human being on the other end (suffering).
    Your name sounds brazilian! Are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your support and opinion! The most frightning thing is that so many "smart" people don't care!! Who cares about the environment or human rights as long as you can have a cheap wardrobe rigth?? I wish there was more I could do...

      My name is Mexican, but I'm Dutch :), the hubby is from Mexico DF!

      Delete
  2. Well said! I wish more people had this attitude and cared more (took the time to find out!) about where things came from. I don't blog/facebook etc but I'll circulate as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I wish that too!! I wish I could do more to awaken the souls who are still dwelling on the illusion that all that matters is a cheap wardrobe, whatever the cost. Trying to spread the word... but it's very hard, people don't care or don't want to understand the truth, even people close to me who I thought were "intelligent" with "reason"... but nope, the majority is still lost. Hoping for the better days....

      Delete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores