HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

HOW TO TRAVEL AND STAY HEALTHY

 photo travel-health-tips-header_zpsuvgylkcq.jpeg

Do you have a vacay incoming? Flying somehwhere? I'm not!! :P Taking it easy for the Summer at home, well more "in the neighbourhood". The nicest thing about Europe and living in the south of the Netherlands is easy access to 2 other countries. Within 30 minutes I drive myself into Belgium and within an hour I am in Germany (France and Denmark 3, also the UK will only take me 20 minutes by plane). I don't feel bad not traveling far, I have many options next door! :P

For the ones who are flying to an exotic place somewhere on the globe, I found a really nice article at Food Matters about how to stay healthy while traveling, it's really not that difficult as you might think!

With a few simple and easy tricks you can stay healthy and refreshed while on the move!

What is your vacation destination for this Summer and how do you prepare for a long flight?

Love,
Lucia

UP IN THE AIR TIPS

Air conditioning, thinned out oxygen levels, refined space and low-level radiation can take its toll on our bodies when we travel. Here are my top eight tips to flying high with a smile.

1. Keep Germs At Bay - Always Wrap A Scarf Around Your Throat

This is a tradition that stems from Northern Europe and aims to raise the temperature of your throat very slightly enough to make the environment hostile to infection. It gives your immune system a chance to respond to any bugs and clear them from your system before an infection can take hold. It also adds vital warmth when in a centrally controlled climate, which is great for the immune system in general.

2. Be Kind To Your Ears (And Head) – Use The Right Headphones

A quality pair of headphones is a must when traveling. Like Bose Quiet Comfort 15 headphones. These are greatly advanced in noise reduction technology, meaning you will hear more of your music and movies without having to blast the volume. Plus, they are super comfortable, meaning no headaches.

3. Look After Your Skin - Oil Your Body Before Getting Dressed For The Airport

Flying is extremely dehydrating and can leave your skin feeling very dry and flaky. Counteract this by moisturizing your skin from head to toe before you board your flight.

4. Stay Hydrated - Drink LOADS Of Water And Take Minerals/Electrolytes/Cellfood To Add To It

Flying drains your body of its water content and essential salts, so replacing the fluid and nutrients your body loses is imperative. Drinking plain water, together with water supplemented with minerals, electrolytes and/or Cellfood (which contains 78 ionic minerals, 34 enzymes, 17 amino acids and dissolved oxygen), are your surest way to keep you feeling good.
Cellfood, in particular, is known for being rich in beneficial antioxidants and is highly alkalizing, providing an oxygen and nutrient delivery system that is absorbed quickly and efficiently by the cells in your body.

5. Cancel Out Radiation - Get A Pocket Resonator

Low-level radiation can’t be avoided when you fly, except for when you have a pocket resonator to protect you. One of these will harmonize electromagnetic frequencies to render them neutral/beneficial when they strike your body. A pocket resonator can also help ground the body providing healing energy.

6. Keep Your Passages Clear And Moist - Use Nutribiotic Grapefruit Seed Extract Nasal Spray Every Hour

This nasal lubricant contains a blend of ingredients including Echinacea extract, goldenseal extract, Citricidal brand grapefruit seed extract, vitamin C, menthol, and more, and is excellent at keeping nose and ear passages moist, clear and free from cold-inducing germs.

7. Remain Energized - Don’t Travel Without A Superfood Green Powder!

Organic, gluten-free and vegan, Green Powders offer the easiest way to ingest a high level of beneficial nourishing superfoods in one simple drink. Made from grass juice powder it cleanses, alkalizes and energizes the body, and is ideal in aiding radiation protection.

8. Rest Your Body – Sleep

A good sleep will help your body adjust to a new time zone and allow it to conserve energy while dealing with the effects of being in the air. If you have followed the above tips too, hopefully you will wake up with a spring in your step ready for a great vacation!

Article & Image Source: Food Matters

10 comments:

  1. Yea, I won't be going on another long flight for a while, but these are great tips to keep in mind! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik vlieg woensdag naar Nice, dus deze tips komen zeker van pas! :D Die superdrink wil ik wel eens proberen, klinkt zo goed! Ik reis echt heel graag, en ik ga volledig akkoord dat in Europa wonen geweldig is op dat vlak! Ik sta ook heel snel in andere landen, met Nederland zelfs op wandelafstand ;)

    Zo leuk trouwens om van je te horen! Was zo blij je lieve berichtjes te lezen op m'n blog <3 Ik kom dus maandag terug uit Londen, morgen m"n laatste stagedag :( Het was fantastisch, zowel de stage als in Londen wonen op zich, maar kijk stiekem wel uit naar m'n vakantie :D Well earned na zoveel hard werk!

    Met mij gaat alles goed trouwens, bedankt! :D Ben hard aan het wegsmelten hier in Londen, maar dat nemen we er dan maar bij ;) Hoe is het met jou? Alles goed?

    XO IMKE | Pastellics

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a long haul flight, I would always drink lots of water and sleep a lot! I need to, because I get so bored easily on flights. Though, I would like to add a suggestion. Bring some sanitary pads for the ladies...and bring more than you think you need. I say this from experience, hahaha <3

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long flights are so boring indeed! Haha, thanks for the tip! I definately always bring those! :P xx

      Delete
  4. Great tips! I always sleep on plane rides haha, but that's because I have to take a motion sickness pill and it makes me drowsy.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries
    Check out my YouTube channel too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post! I loved it, you inspired me, maybe I make a similar one :)
    thanks for your comments, you are so sweet :)
    big hug!
    juls

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remind me to save this post for my upcoming trip Lucia! I just realized I'm not a healthy traveler hehehhe, great lifestyle tips as always!

    - Che

    www.style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi my beautiful friend Lucia! How are you?
    I have missed you so much but sometimes I don´t have enough time to comment!!!

    Great tips for travelling, I definitely have them in mind! :)
    Have a nice day amiga!
    Muchos besos mexicanos!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard about a body resanator before but it sounds so clever to have one! Also i tend to wear a scarf- i somehow feels it protects me and "supports" me-but never thought why I did it and I really liked your explanation.
    Thanks so much for sharing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It gives your immune system a chance to respond to any bugs and clear them from your system before an infection can take hold. cheap ticket to pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores