HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Bohemian Halloween


Thanks to Bohemian Spirit

I've never been much of a Halloween person. I didn't grew up with it, since we don't really celebrate it here in the Netherlands. We do celebrate the catholic feast of Sint Maarten, which is the "original" story behind Halloween. From tradition Sint Maarten is a celebration to help the poor. The poor pass by the doors of the rich to be given food and clothes for the cold months. Did anybody know this? Well, that's the truth behind Halloween. Nowadays, children make their own pumpkin laterns and pass by doors to receive candy and sing to show their gratitude. Isn't that beautiful? Anyway, around this time I love the decorate my house in Fall colors! Carved pumpkins, wall hangings and laterns... all in Boho style for me obviously ;). Sharing some cute ideas I've found arount the net.

Love,
Lucia



A very cute idea by Bella and Chloe.


See Better Homes and Gardens for more inspiration.


Thanks to Bohemian Spirit


Thanks to Bohemian Spirit


Cute idea by Free People.

13 comments:

  1. I love the fall decorations!
    I love Halloween!
    http://judymuhely.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I knew about the meaning of this tradition and I have celebrated Halloween in the States, in Italy is not that popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u have a nice blog...do u wanna follow each other...dollow me on GFC, bloglovin and G+..do let me know on my blog...leave your URL...i will follow u back immediately...
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! Love all of these! Such great Fall/Halloween inspiration! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ideas are so pretty. I love the pumpkin! I had heard that was the original Halloween, such a nice idea and the singing to show appreciation is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring post, love these Halloween decorations!
    Fabrizia – Cosa Mi Metto???

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweetie! thanks fro the comment :) you're so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ik heb ook nooit Halloween gevierd, zelfs nog nooit een verkleedfeestje gedaan!
    Ben meer een Sinterklaas persoon, haha! ;)
    Maar dit jaar ga ik voor het eerst me eens verkleden voor Halloween, ben benieuwd!

    En in verband met mijn studies: ik ben hier nu voor twee jaar, mijn masterjaren :) Met bf alles heel goed, we managen het geweldig. We proberen elkaar elke maand à twee maanden te zien, en dat gaat erg goed. Gelukkig maar dat al die social media bestaan and thank God for Skype! ;)

    XO IMKE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea of using autumn leaves.
    Beautiful inspirations.
    xxx
    mari
    www.ilovegreeninspiration.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pics are awesome!

    F/W 2015 OUTERWEAR catwalks+shoppinglb-lc fashion blog
    Join this GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really good post! lovely ideas for halloween! xx


    CLAIRELOUISE

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores