HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Friday, July 18, 2014

Vegan Banana Orange Raw Chocolate Soft Ice Cream

Vacation time!!! Girls, I'm back! Catching up after weeks of my no-life-workaholic period. Taking a breather for a few weeks during Summer. Can't wait to catch up with everyone, missed you'all so much.

I'm starting off my vacation with cooking some yummy recipes I've been dying to try out. While catching up today, I really need something refreshing, because the temperatures in the Netherlands will rise up to 35 degrees celsius, too much really. Ice cream it is! The ice cream recipe I'm going to share today is my version of vegan chocolate ice cream. It's made from raw organic ingredients only, is completely vegan and oh so healthy. Yep, ice cream can be healthy ladies! Definately worth a try, it's so delicious!!!

Further for today, I send my heart-felt condolences to all those who may have lost family and friends in the Malaysia Airlines crash.

Hope you like this recipe! If you tried it, let me know what you think!

Love,
Lucia

Ingredients (I use organic ingredients only, but if you can't it's ok, it'll still taste divine):

2 tablespoons of organic raw cacao powder (raw is the best and the healthiest, normal is fine)

1 tablespoon of organic honey

2 large oranges

3 bananas

Preparation (an ice cream machine is easy the have, but you can accomplish the same results without it):

1. Peel the bananas and slice them into pieces of 1-2 cm. Put them in a sealed bag in the freezer. Leave it for 3 hours.

2. Squeeze out the 2 oranges and put it in a blender or kitchen machine together with the honey and raw cacao. Add the pieces of banana to it. Let it blend until you have a creamy substance. If you have an ice cream maker, leave the machine rotating for 30-45 minutes, depending on how you like your ice cream, you can always leave it longer, but at least 30 minutes is necessary. If you don't own an ice cream machine, put the ingredients in a freezer cup and leave it in the freezer for 30-45 minutes, mix it once every 5-10 minutes with a spatula. Et voila!

Images by Lucia Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores