HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Benefits Of Eating Apples

As some of you might know, I'm a total health freak...but I mean, ridiculously! Anything that isn't organic or natural doens't really do it for me.
One of my favorite fruits are apples, one day without an apple and I feel like I've been neglecting my body hehe. When you think of a fruit in fall...it are apples of course! Apples are a fundamental part of fall. Picking apples, drying apple chips...apples are just essential to this beautiful season. They are incredibly delicious and, yes, they have many benefits as well — of which you may not even be aware! "An apple a day keeps the doctor aways" isn't just a saying :). Today I want to share the health benefits of eating apples.

Here's a list with benefits! Apples may…

Increase endurance. Apples contain an antioxidant called quercetin, which allows oxygen to reach the lungs more easily. Eat an apple before working out and see how it affects your endurance!

Whiten teeth. Apples contain malic acid, which is used in many teeth whitening products, due to its ability to dissolve stains. The next time you eat an apple, make sure to chew it thoroughly for maximum benefits.

Boost immune system. Apples are high in multiple vitamins, including vitamin C – the original immune system booster!

Satisfy cravings. Apples are naturally sweet, so they can help satisfy that afternoon cookie craving. They’re low in calories and totally fat-free, so you can feel good about eating them, too!

Fight cancer. Apples contain compounds called triterpenoids, which may fight against certain cancers like liver, breast, and colon.

Improve memory. Apples are believed to increase the production of acetylcholine – a neurotransmitter – so they may improve memory and lower your risk of Alzheimer’s.

Anything you think I should add to this list? Just let me know!

Love,
Lucia

15 comments:

  1. Now that I know it whitens teeth I'm definitely having one for breakfast today. With my coffee.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apples. Love this apple picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post. diannetho.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post :)
    Would you like to follow each other via GFC, Bloglovin and Facebook?
    Let me know :)
    http://donttrytoignoreme.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an original post :-) I love apples, especially those that are green and a bit sour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!!!

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment!!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!!

    Thank you very much for your lovely comment!!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing and interesting post

    www.lessismoreblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This list is awesome! I love apples and this makes me do so even more!

    Justaddcakeuk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goed dat je dit even opsomt, het stimuleert me om morgen om appels te gaan! Zou ik echt moeten doen, zeker na het lezen van deze lijst, want ik eet momenteel werkelijk te weinig fruit!

    En ja Twilight is ook een kwestie van smaak denk ik! Dracula van Bram Stoker vond ik een fantastisch boek, dat is meer m'n genre vampier dan degenen die glitteren in de zon :p Nee serieus, we komen goed overeen qua films / boeken, ik ben ook zo een grote Harry Potter fan niet te doen!

    En een bekkenverwrichting klinkt echt wel te pijnlijk voor woorden, ouf! Rugpijn is inderdaad een van de ergste pijnen, zeker na een dagje verhuizen zoals vandaag!

    Ik zal aan jou verklappen waar ik momenteel resideer: het is niet Erasmus als in de naam van de school maar als in naam van de organisatie. Ik studeer nu een semester in Parijs, heerlijk! Vandaag verhuisd en nu zit ik hier lekker op mijn kot in Parijs, heerlijk!

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love eating apples as well! Thanks for listing all the benefits in eating them! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dear Lucia! How are you?
    I hope fine =)
    Such an interesting post! I love apples! I eat apple daily! =)

    Muchos besos desde México!!
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such a lovey design!
    I love it! I'm a new blogger from Hamburg.

    Hugs,
    zaraamaria von www.prinzara.de

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores