HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Homemade Coconut Lavender Conditioner

Hey girls! How are you?

Today I want to share a DIY for an amazing homemade coconut lavender conditioner. I found this great recipe via Free People, I tried it...and oh my, it's amazing! The smell is divine and it's very moisturizing, so you only need a little when using it, which will make it last a very long time. You need to try this! I would love to know what you think after trying it!

Love,
Lucia

What you need:
1 cup coconut oil (preferably organic)
1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
1 teaspoon jojoba oil
5 drops lavender essential oil

You’ll also need a food mixer, as well as a container to store your conditioner. All of the ingredients can be purchased at most health food stores.

What you do:
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix on high for about 8 minutes. Transfer into a container and you’re all set! Because coconut oil melts in high temperatures, those who live in warmth may want to store this in the refrigerator, but there is nothing wrong with using this conditioner in liquid form! This mixture should stay fresh until the coconut oil reaches its expiration date.

To use:
Apply a TINY amount of the conditioner to wet hair. You really only need a tiny bit to get the job done! Start at your ends, then jump to the section right below your ears, working into hair in a downward motion. You can apply any remaining oil to the hair that surrounds your face if necessary, but avoid using this near the top of your head. This mixture is made purely out of oils, so it can make your hair appear greasy if you use too much. I used a nickel-sized amount, and my hair is very long. Leave in for about 2-5 minutes, and then rinse.

*Bonus: Before you get out of the shower, apply the conditioner to your arms and legs – this mixture doubles as an incredibly moisturizing lotion!*

Source: Free People

2 comments:

  1. This sounds soooo lovely! I am totally going to make this! I've never made this sort of oil-based conditioner before so this will be new for me :) Excited to try and get healthy hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wat leuk! Leuk projectje voor na de examens ;)

    XO Imke

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores