HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Sunday, May 5, 2013

DIY Painted Feathers

Next to crafting all day for my work, I also like to try out cute DIY's in my free time. I found this amazing DIY on how to paint feathers via Free People. I love to dip dye fake feathers, but I never thought of painting a pattern on them. You can use these feathers for anything! You can use them for decoration in your house, braid them in your hair or add them to a cute necklace or bag. You don't need to be an artist to do this, it's actually very easy! Aren't they cute!?

Wishing everyone a lovely Sunday!

Love,
Lucia


You need: fake feathers, paint (acrylic or textile paint), paint brushes

You should add some water to the paint so it can be absorbed by the feather, which gives it a watercolor effect. So pretty!

Cover the entire feather, let it dry a little, so you can add small dots or stripes. Make sure you don't adding any water making these!

There are so many different ways to decorate the feather with small details. Free your mind and go with the flow ;)!

Source: Free People

29 comments:

  1. Wow, these are amazing :) I love the colours and patterns so pretty, thanks for sharing x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wat super leuk!! Echt heel mooi, so cute! :)

    Ik ga ook snel je etsy shop bekijken! En je volgen natuurlijk!

    xx Saranda

    PS: Ik heb op het moment een leuke giveaway open
    http://sarandasuzannaadriana.blogspot.nl/2013/04/giveaway-burberry-beat.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are absolutely stunning!!

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing DIY, the feathers are beautiful! X

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow,really amazing they look really pretty!
    http://thelittlefashionistafx.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, that is such a beautiful DIY. Im gonna try it!! thanks lucylu!!
    Xo
    A.
    www.ohmycaramel.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from germany :) would you follow each other on gfc and bloglovin? if you like you can start and i'll follow you back waiting for your response <3

    Please like me on facebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooow dat is zo vet! En past ook helemaal bij jou vind ik, zoiets leuks met streepjes en veren :) Ziet er wel nog tamelijk moeilijk uit, zeker voor een onhandig persoon als ik ;)

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
  10. woah these are gorgeous! so cooll

    francesca
    http://www.frankvinyl.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing idea! Loved your blog and will come back for sure!

    Oh, I just started following you by the way! Hope you come by my blog! Would love to know what you think about it, and maybe follow me back if you like it?

    These are my links hun <3:
    Instant Milk link
    Facebook page link
    Bloglovin link

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your content! good job!!
    check my blog if you want too:)
    click -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, cool blog. Your today's post is great! Feathers are so beautifull!!sure we can follow each other, I start following you via gfc, if you will follow me on gfc and bloglovin I'll follow you via bloglovin as well :)
    Kiss!!
    http://lauracabana.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness! This is so so cool! I am going to have to do this! SO creative.
    Thanks for visiting Infinite Style!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is SUCH a cool idea! I love it! Great idea too to add it to bags or headbands, very chic!!! <3

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella
    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's so cool! great! :)

    Hope to you have time to come into my blog, just
    HERE :)

    Have a nice day :)))
    xx

    www.ireneccloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is such a beautiful idea!
    xx
    www.atipsytart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cool boho vibe on this lookbook, they do it better than no one else.
    XX From Miami
    ** Styleidnet INSTAGRAM **
    ** Style Id Net **
    * Bloglovin *
    .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Very boho chic www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! are amazing!
    You are a really creative person o.o
    I´m in shock!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores