The seven chakra's are the energy points in your body. These chakra's are like spirals of energy, each one relating to the others. I have been very aware of these energy points since I started yoga some years ago. It helps me to free my mind, re-balance and stimulate my body's own healing process. If our energy centres become blocked or depleted, then our body cannot function properly and this, in turn, can lead to a variety of problems on any level. I thinks it's very important for everyone to understand what each chakra means. It can help to dispel negative feelings, free blocks and re-balance the body. I thought it would be nice to share the meaning of each chakra.
Acknowledge these chakra's each day and you will be healthy, free and balanced!
1. Root Chakra – Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded. It’s located at the base of spine in tailbone area. Here is where the survival issues relating to financial independence, money, and food emotions lay.
2. Sacral Chakra - Is our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences. It’s located in the lower abdomen, about 2 inches below the navel and 2 inches in. Here is where your sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, sexuality, and emotions lay.
3. Solar Plexus Chakra - Is our ability to be confident and in-control of our lives. It’s located in the upper abdomen in the stomach area. Here you will find where your self-worth, self-confidence, self-esteem emotions lay.
4.Heart Chakra – Is our ability to love. It’s located at the center of the chest just above the heart. This is where your love, joy, and inner peace lay.
5. Throat Chakra – Is our ability to communicate. It’s located in the throat. Here is where your communication, self-expression of feelings, the truth emotions lay.
6. Third Eye Chakra – Is our ability to focus on and see the big picture. It’s located in the forehead between the eyes. Here is where your intuition, imagination, wisdom, ability to think and make decisions emotions lay.
7. Crown Chakra – Is the highest Chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually. It’s located at the very top of the head. Here is where your inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality, pure bliss emotions lay.