HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

30 April 2013: Historical Day

Today has been a very special and historical day for me. As some of you might know I'm from the Netherlands, one of the last monarchies in the world. For over 100 years we've had queens only, but since today we have a king. Our queen Beatrix passed on the throne to her son, Willem Alexander, and his wife, Maxima. Today was the crowning, which you might have seen somewhere on the news or in a newspaper. These kind of events don't happen very often! Why I'm sharing this? Because I'm very proud of my country and we absolutely love the royal house, like family. That's why we always celebrate Queensday (from now on Kingsday) like crazy...but really ridiculous. Those crazy people in orange, yup, that's us. Having a royal house gives us a feeling that we are unified as a country. I hope we will enjoy having a monarchy for many more years to come.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Lucia, I've been following the event on the news today. I'm Argentinian (like Maxima) and I wonder how Dutch people feel about her. By the way, she looked gorgeous on that royal blue gown!
    Thanks!
    xoxo
    Lorna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an amazing woman. Her temperament and personality are going to spice up the royal house a little. We love her. Her blue dress was indeed so gorgeous :).

      Delete
  2. Belle foto

    New post on my blog:

    http://couturetrend.blogspot.it/2013/04/tuula-vintage.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wonder what its like to live in a country with monarchy system. i still have that notion of a fairytale like scene with princes and princesses.. I don't know but it seems really interesting compared to having presidents and stuff. It seems nice to have a king or queen to rule in a country, and then people need not vote cos it causes too much problems haha,. i dont know, just my opinion. but its nice that people from your country are proud!

    xo, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, but we do vote :). We are a domocracy, not a dictatorship! The royal house is basically just "ceremonial". They don't have infuence in the law whatsoever.

      Delete
  4. I love the celebrations that followed!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! It's great :) You are amazing! Feel free to my blog :)) Maybe, you follow my blog ? ♥ (If you like it)
    http://maryannfashionn.blogspot.com/
    Kisses ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, amazing event!
    Is really intersting, I love royal houses!
    Have a great day amiga! =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores