HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Friday, October 12, 2012

Todays' Inspiration: Frida Kahlo

Hey everyone!

Today I wanted to share one of my biggest inspirations with you! Frida Kahlo (1907-1954), THE best female artist ever lived! I've been obsessed with Frida Kahlo since a very young age. My mom used to love her work a lot and kept many books about her life and paintings. I used to spend entire days watching her paintings. Over the years, studying her work and life, I've became an obsessed Frida Kahlo expert/freak. You can ask me anything about any paintings or life.. I will know the answer! Anyway, a few weeks ago Grazia dedicated a few pages to Frida Kahlo inspired looks (pictures by Max Salvaggio). Aren't they gorgeous? They really picked the perfect model for thing job, amazing! Frida Kahlo will forever be my #1 inspiration!

If you love art, but don't know about Frida Kahlo, you should for sure check her work!! You can read more about her life on Wikipedia / Frida Kahlo or the official Frida Kahlo fanpage. I also recommend you to see the movie with Salma Hayek, you'll love it!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Love, Lucia


21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and they had a really good inspiration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much fror your cute comment <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her flamboyant style! She's very inspiring indeed xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stunning inspiration shots! I definitely will have to google Frida, she sounds incredible! She sounds like she was a really wonderfully artistic woman.

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frida Kahlo is inderdaad heel inspiratievol. Mooie foto's die je hier gepost hebt! En hier is er geen najaarsvakantie :( Nog twee weken & dan is het herfstvakantie, hopelijk gaan vriendjelief en dan een paar daagjes naar London ♥ Bedankt voor je lieve berichtje!

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja he!? Owjah, met najaarsvakantie bedoel ik eigenlijk ook herfstvakantie hehe. Zou echt super gaaf zijn als je samen met BF naar London zou kunnen! Hoop t voor jullie!!!

      Delete
  6. love this a lot :) frida kahlo is such a great inspiration to me and i think she was such an interesting personality. her paintings are simply insane. i love how they used her certain sense of style in another way.

    xx m

    thisishowwerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dresses above so as I love Frida....she is indeed a wonderful artist...thanks for sharing...:)


    xx!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this editorial!

    http://thestyleattitude.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your blog! i follow u from now.. hope u'll do the same :) kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. THIS IS AN AMAZING POST! THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING BY AND NICE TO MEET YOU DEAR FRIEND!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these photos!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, she is so stunning. I love all these lovely photographs, they're so beautiful and inspiring. You have such a lovely blog and I have followed you, dear!

    Sadly, the photographs in a few of your recent posts are not showing up - it says that your "domain" is "unregistered", for some strange reason! But you have a beautiful blog. Can't wait for updates!

    Love, Fatima (fashionpilgrim)
    Twitter: @fashpilgrim
    Instagram: @fashionpilgrim

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores