HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Friday, August 3, 2012

I LOVE what I do

Hey eveyone!!

As some of you girls know, I'm a passionate artist & fashion designer. Today I wanted to share an average day at my little cosy studio with you. I had a lot of work to do! I'm working on a new project and new designs for my coming collection. I didn't have time to make the post I planned on making today, so I thought: 'What the heck! I'm stuck here for the rest of the day anyway, let's make some pictures!'....
let me also tell you girlies a little more about myself (copy pasted from my 'About me' page, sorry NO TIME :P!)

Anyways, gotta get back to my delicious dinner & devine glass of red wine.. and back to finish some work!

Wishing everyone an amazing weekend with lots of sun & relaxation!

LOVE,
Lucia

ABOUT ME

My name is Lucia Flores, aka Lucie, born in 1985 in the Netherlands. I'm Dutch at heart, but I'm also very connected with Mexico, as I've been obsessed with this country since a young age. I'm connected with this country with heart and soul as it was my motherland.

In my daily life I work as a fashion designer & artist. I studied fashion design on a private fashion academy in the Netherlands, Breda, where I successfully finished my studies in 2011.

I'm very passionate about what I do, I can't describe the amount of love I have for my work. Since a young age I knew I wanted to be become an artist, in any form, as it would be in dancing (which I love!), singing, painting or fashion design. I had to live my life creative. In 2011 I established my company; Lucia Flores Design. I've build every single aspect of my business myself. I'm really proud of what I've accomplished so far.

My biggest dream is to support myself and my family for 100% with what I love to do the most, creating, designing with passion & love.

Fashion is my life, my baby. I love to create and share my knowledge with the world. I get inspired by people, cultures, different artists and historical figures. My biggest love is my biggest inspiration, Mexico. The people, the colors, the way of living is what drives & inspires me to create my collection.

"Don't wait until you think you have some genius idea before presenting yourself to the fashion world - show them as you go." Justin Giunta

78 comments:

  1. Wonderful post, great to see your creativity at work! I can definitely see the Mexico vibe in your designs, it's really beautiful and totally unique! I love all your bracelets and the colours you choose - they are all so bright, vibrant and lovely, really perfect for summer <3
    xx


    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much Bree! I'm so glad you like them! Many more designs to come!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm not quite there yet.. but I'm getting there ;)!

      Delete
  3. That's awesome! Love this post. I hope to be loving what I do in the spring finally when I am back in school.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Thank you for your comment :) lovely work!

    xoxo

    www.inspiredintheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the photos and your blog! Would you like to visit my blog? If you want, we can follow each-other with GoogleFriendConnect and I'm already following :) :) cheers!
    Follow
    thefashiontwice.com
    facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey great post!! Followed u How about u follow me back.:-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I just found your blog!! :)
    Such an interesting post, amazing pictures!!
    Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog and follow if you like!!
    Kisses,
    Chiara

    Books in my bags

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I am a fashion designer too and I loved this post! Thank you for sharing your workspace and your designs. They're beautiful!

    http://natalia-etlamode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heel interessant om te lezen, dit! Fijn dat je zo gepassioneerd bent door kleding maken, je doet het echt goed zo te zien! Heel veel succes met het uitbouwen van je bedrijfje!

    En ik hou ook van comic heroes trouwens! Iron Man is mijn favoriet, en Captain America is inderdaad awesome! What a hottie! ;) Ik zie alles graag qua superhelden, behalve Batman en Superman, ik kan niet goed uitleggen waarom, haha! Geef mij dan maar Iron Man, daar zit tenminste humor in!

    XO, Imke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dankje!! Iron Man is absoluut ook mijn favoriet!! Hele droge humor & een lekker ding ook nog :P! Kan niet wachten tot Iron Man 3 volgend jaar uitkomt!

      Delete
  10. beautiful post!I like your blog too!What do you think if we can follow each other?Let me know...I'll be waiting for you!
    xoxo
    Faby
    Adreamcalledfashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing work!!, the post it's great, i follow you :), kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your passion for your work :) you sound a lot like me in that sense!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely post! It sounds like you really love your work.. I would love to work and do something so creative like this.. !

    Claudia X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D If you are creative, give it a shot! Free your mind!

      Delete
  14. Nice post!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely post, very interesting! I love the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! We share the same passion!! And we want the same things:)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucia your job is fantastic!You are very talented and I love your bracelets!Fabulous work, amazing colours and prints!
    xo
    Anastasia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi dear, I'm Lucia from Italy! Love, love, love your job! I'm your new follower on gfc and bloglovin. Would you like to follow each other? Kisses, Lucy www.tpinkcarpet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lucia! :D I'll check you blog asap!

      Delete
  19. wow, que interesnte, tusw diseños son preciosos!
    Me encanta ver como los haces :)
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchisimas gracias chica! You're the sweetest!

      Delete
  20. wau! you look like an expert! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. oooh its really nicee!!! xx from http://mybestmemory-cep.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  22. such cool jewelry!!

    nishlooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice bracelets!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. They´re awesome, I love the violet one with neon colors and the skull ones in the last pictures are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. my dream is work that what you do, thats so beutifull, work something what you love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post, I love when there's actually something nice to read (besides the photos). Looks like you really enjoy your work, wish you all the best. The jewellery looks fantastic, too bad I don't live in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG I love those bracelets! I am a big bracelet lover!!! Visit my blog and follow if you like! I will follow yours back! fashion-framed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are fabulous. How can I get some do you post to London?

    http://www.thetiffanyannabelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do post to London! Just follow the link to my online shop on the right!

      Delete
  30. super cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. OMG They are gorgeous!!! Congrats on the beautiful work!!!

    xoxo Ylenia / Ambitieuse

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores