HOME           SHOP           ABOUT           FEATURED         SUBSCRIBE         FAVORITE BLOGS           COLLAB         CONTACT          

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My inspiration

Dear all,

I'm back! I've been having a long vacation, well can't call it a vacation, it was more a time to clear my head from the past and start with new ideas. As business are not the best in summer, specially in August, I decided to take some time off to work on my collection.
My biggest inspiration is Mexico. I've been reading books, watching movies and talking to familia to get inspired and get new ideas. The nice thing is that Mexico is huge! In every state or town there are different traditions. For the extension of my collection I've been inspired by Oaxaca, Huichol folk art and Huipil fashion.
A Huipil (from the Nahuatl uipilli, meaning "blouse"`- "dress") is a form of Maya textile and tunic or blouse worn by indigenous Mayan, Zapotec, and other women in central to southern Mexico, Guatamala and in the northern part of Central America. The elaborate design and patterns of a traditional woman's huipil may convey the wearer's village, marital status, and personal beliefs. They are usually made from two or three woven panels joined with decorative stitching, then doubled over and a hole cut in the center panel for the neck (unless woven in during the weaving) and decorated with stitchery.
My family in Mexico and my grandmother showed me this traditional way of weaving and embroidery making. I've been working really hard on some One of a Kind and some Limited Edition styles of Huipils. I love to combine trends with different kinds on traditional handycraft. Within 3 weeks I'll be showing off my new clothing.

I've also been inspired this summer by Native American Indian folk art and Asian tranditional weaving and braiding. These styles and techniques are beautiful. I've combined Tribal art with Asian weaving, which look awesome together! Sneek preview next weekend!

Some examples of Mexican embroidered blouses / Mexikanische Bluse from my collection:











Feedback is welcome as always! Have a great sunny Sunday everyone (Holland is gray today, me = not happy). Love to all, Lucie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Very nice to meet you! Thank you so much for leaving a comment and taking the time to read my story. I really appreciate you visiting my blog and I will visit you as well.

Lots of Love,
Lucia Flores